Frequently Asked Questions for New Airsoft Players
Still a work in progress...
Here you will find some helpful Statistics on what's popular in the airsoft community. Below you will find some polls from my youtube channel.
1. Wondering how many magazines you may need for casual airsoft play?
- a majority of players said they use 3 magazines when they are on their local field playing casual airsoft.
2. What battery do people use?
- a majority of players said they use an 11.1v lipo battery. This may not be the right battery for you if you are a beginner.
- 9.6v batteries are a good starting battery. They offer more power than the standard 8.4v battery that many beginner devices comes with. All with out the hassle of lipo batteries. Make sure you use a lipo battery balance charger for lipo batteries and a smart charger for NiMH batteries.
3. What type of Gas Should I use? Co2 vs. Green Gas vs. Propane
- A majority of players use co2 as the preferred. Some of the advantages to using co2 are; no smell, non flammable, it works colder weather, it offer more consistent shots, more readily available, and is easier to use. Some of the disadvantages of co2 are: it is more expensive over time, may cause your device to have a higher FPS over the limit, a dry gas so frequent maintenance is a must, and more waste with the used co2 cartridges.
- Green gas is the next most popular gas used. It it important to know that green gas is propane with the addition of lubricants and the subtraction of the mercaptan (the oder agent in propane). Some advantages of green gas are: no smell, less waste with higher volume cans, not as expensive, and incorporated lubricant to keep your device running smoothly so maintenance is not needed as frequent but still necessary. Some disadvantages of green gas are; do not work in colder temperatures, flammable, not always consistent shots, only able to buy at select areas.
- Propane is another option that players use. it is important that you understand this refers to the camping size containers. Some advantages of using propane are; easy to find at local stores since it is a camping/cooking/hardware product, less waste with higher volume cans, and not as expensive. Some disadvantages of using propane are; flammable, potent smell, you need to buy an adaptor to add silicone oil or else the gas will have the same effect as co2 with drying out your device.